About our congregation; HUCC
||Hillsborough United Church of Christ began meeting as a congregation in
June of 1989. The group formally united with the United Church of Christ
in November 1989.|
We built and occupied the church building on Davis Road in November of 1991.
From the start, the church established itself as
"a different church for a changing community."
Currently, we define who we are
with the following words:
- Progressive - Moving beyond dogmatic authorities, without hierarchies, with acceptance of wide-ranging opinion, with complete respect for the freedom of conscience of every member.
- Inclusive - Seeking the inclusion of all God's children without regard to race, culture, age or sexual identity.
- Creative - Embracing worship that utilizes all senses and involves the creativity of all persons. Growing spiritually using art, writing, meditation, and music.
- Caring - Practicing love for God and our neighbors and a sense of Christian responsibility- for fairness, justice, openness as part of a caring community of seekers together on a pilgrimage of faith.
- Kid friendly - Nurturing children and youth through worship, education, recreation and connections to caring supportive adult mentors.
Directions to HUCC